Unit 4 grade 10: For A Better Community – Project
1. Unit 4 class 10 Project
(Find someone/somewhere in your community that needs help. What’s that person/place’s problem?
What do you think you can do to help? Let’s make a plan. Present the idea to the whole class.)
Guide to answer
* Problems: I know a handicapped girl who has to take care of a mother with mental illness.
– They live in poor housing conditions. Their house may collapse at any time.
– The girl lost her legs when she was 10 in an accident. Her father died three years ago. A year later, her mother became mentally ill. She has to both take care of her mother and earn a living by selling toothpicks on the streets. She wants to continue going to school but she can’t afford it.
– Raise fund to build a better house for them.
– Call for donations like food or clothes.
– Persuade some education organizations to grand her scholarships so that she can return school.
– Organize free classes, especially English ones for her.
* Problems: I know a little girl with a disability who has to take care of her mentally ill mother.
– They live in poor housing conditions. Their house could collapse at any moment.
– She lost her leg at the age of 10 in an accident. Three years ago, her father passed away. A year later, her mother became mentally ill. She has to take care of her mother and earn a living by selling bamboo toothpicks on the street. She wants to continue going to school but doesn’t have enough money to do so.
– Raise funds to build a better house for them.
– Call for food or clothing donations.
– Persuade some educational institutions to give her a scholarship so that she can go back to school.
– Organize free classes, especially English classes for girls.
At the end of the lesson, students need to support each other in groups to find information about someone in the community who needs help and come up with solutions to help that person have a better life, then complete the content. project content and confidently present in front of the class.