Unit 8 grade 7: Films – Communication
1. Task 1 Unit 8 Grade 7 Communication
Listen to the conversation and fill in the blanks with the words you hear. Listen to the conversation and fill in the blanks with the words you hear.
Click to listen
Guide to answer
(3) Tom Cruise
(5) Angelina Jolie
Nick: Sorry, Duong. I’m doing a survey about my favorite actors. May I ask you a few questions?
Duong: Okay. Just ask Nick.
Nick: Who do you think is the best male actor?
Duong: It’s Tom Cruise.
Nick: And who do you think is the best actress?
Duong: I think it’s Angelina Jolie.
Nick: Thank you.
2. Task 2 Unit 8 Grade 7 Communication
Work in groups of six or eight. Each student chooses one of the following sets of survey questions. (Work in groups of 6-8. Each student chooses one of the following groups of survey questions)
– Survey on favorite actors (Survey on favorite actors)
- Who do you think is the best actor? (Who do you think is the best actor?)
- Who do you think is the best actress? (Who do you think makes the best actress?)
– Survey on the best films (A survey of the best movies)
- What is the best film you’ve seen recently? (What’s the best movie you’ve watched recently?)
- Who did it star? (Who acted in that movie?)
– Survey on action films (Action movie survey)
- Do you enjoy action films? (Do you like action movies?)
- Is it OK for young kids to see violence on TV? (Can young children watch violence on TV?)
– Survey on cartoons (Cartoon survey)
- Do you like to watch cartoons? (Do you like watching cartoons?)
- Who is your favorite character? (Who is your favorite character?)
Guide to answer
3. Task 3 Unit 8 Grade 7 Communication
Make notes of your results. (Make notes for your results.)
Guide to answer
– Most people I have thought Tom Hanks is the best actor.
(Most people I surveyed think Tom Hanks is the best actor.)
– About half of the people I have like the action films.
(About half of the people I surveyed like action movies.)
– Only one person likes the action films. (Just someone who likes action movies.)
– Almost no one I have agreed that it is ok for young kids to see violence on TV.
(Hardly anyone I surveyed agreed that it’s fine for kids to watch violent movies on TV.)
4. Task 4 Unit 8 Grade 7 Communication
Join another group. Report your results to those group members. (Join another group. Report your results to those group members.)
5. Practice Task 1
Find the words with different pronunciation
Question 1: A. ther B. amng C. potat D. nthing
Question 2: A. thmb B. shlder C. pltry D. sl
Question 3: A. through B. tomat C. drnk D. bs
Question 4: A. wind B. drnk C. bl D. gr
Question 5: A. nak B. talk C. walk D. book
6. Practice Task 2
Choose the best answer to complete these sentences.
Question 1: _____it was raining heavily he went out without a raincoat.
A. In spite B. In spite of C. However D. Although
Question 2: _____he wasn’t feeling very well; Mr. Graham went to visit his aunt as usual.
A. Although B. However C. Therefore D. Still
Question 3: He was offered the job______ his qualifications were poor.
A. despite B. in spite of C. even though D. While
Question 4: ______ we were in town, we often met him.
A. For B. Although C. So D. When
Question 5: She didn’t get the job ____ she had all the necessary qualifications.
A. because B. although C. so D. but
At the end of the lesson, students need to practice listening to the dialogue and filling in the missing information, taking a group survey and reporting the results; At the same time memorize the words in the lesson:
- survey (n): survey
- actor (n): male actor
- actress (n): female actress
- violence (n); violence
- young kid: young children
- half of : half