There is no excuse for your late submission! You_____________the reported by last Monday.
A. should have finished
B. mightn’t have finished
C. needn’t have finished
D. must have finished
Sep choose the correct answer before viewing the answer and the solution below.
The QG High School Examination 2021 subject ANH
Correct answer: A
The knowledge is asked – modal perfect
Ta has the usage of some of the following Perfect Modals:
– Should have P2: used to express something that should or should have happened but didn’t happen in the past (what shouldn’t have been done). Shouldn’t have + P2 is used to express something that shouldn’t have happened but has happened in the past.
– May/ might have + P2 is used to express something that may or may be true in the past.
– Can’t/ couldn’t have + P2 used to express something that certainly couldn’t have happened in the past.
– Must have + P2 is used to infer something in the past, often translated as “must be.”…
– Needn’t have + P2 describes something that shouldn’t have been done but did in the past
The meaning of the sentence we choose the answer A.
P: There is no justification for your late filing! I should have finished this report last Monday.