Question 31 – 35: Which of the following best restates each of the given sentences?
31. I may buy a piece of land as a way of saving for my old age.
A. To save for my old age, I am advised to buy a piece of land.
B. It is possible that I will save for my old age after buying a piece of land.
C. After I have saved for my old age, I will buy a piece of land.
D. To save for my old age, I am likely to buy a piece of land.
32. Linda would not win a high price in swimming if she did not maintain her training.
A. Linda is not maintaining her training to score well in swimming.
B. Linda does not want to win a high prize in swimming at all.
C. Linda will win a very high prize in swimming if she maintains her training.
D. Linda joined a swimming contest and tried to win a high prize.
33. Timmy seems to be smarter than all the other kids in his group.
A. Timmy is as smart as all the kids in his group.
B. All the other kids in Timmy’s group are certainly not as smart as him.
C. Other kids are smart, but Timmy is smarter than most of them.
D. It is likely that Timmy is the smartest of all the kids in his group.
34. When I was sick, my best friend took care of me.
A. I had to look after my best friend, who was sick.
B. I was sick when I cared for my best friend.
C. I was cared for by my best friend when I was sick.
D. My best friend was taken care of by me when getting sick.
35. Dr. Mary Watson told Jack, “You cannot go home until you feel better.”
A. Dr. Mary Watson advised Jack to stay until he felt better.
B. Dr. Mary Watson did not allow Jack to go home until he felt better.
C. Dr. Mary Watson does not want Jack to go home because he is not feeling well now.
D. Dr. Mary Watson asked Jack to stay at home until he felt better.
31. D 32. D 33. D 34. C 35. B