Unit 5 grade 8: Festivals In Vietnam – Project
TALENT SHOW (TALENT PROGRAM)
1. Task 1 Unit 5 Grade 8 Project
Look at the pictures. Ask and answer the questions. (Look at the picture. Ask and answer the questions.)
Guide to answer
first. What kind of singing are the people in the pictures performing?
(What kind of music are the people in the pictures performing?)
=> Chau Van singing, Xoan singing, Quan Ho singing and Don Ca Tai Tu singing.
(Chau Van singing, Xoan singing, Quan ho singing, and Don ca tai tu.)
2. When/Where do they perform these songs?
(When/where are these types performed?)
=> Chau Van is often performed in competitions or religious ceremonies in the north of Viet Nam. Xoan is often performed in the Hung King Temple Festival or in other local festivals in Phu Tho Province. Quan Ho is often performed in the Lim Festival, Bac Ninh Province and local festivals. Don Ca Tai Tu is often performed in the south of Viet Nam, normally in weddings, birthday anniversaries, and local festivals.
(Chau Van is often performed in competitions or religious ceremonies in northern Vietnam. Xoan singing is often performed during the Hung Temple festival or in other local festivals in Phu Tho province. Quan ho is often performed in Lim festival, which takes place in Bac Ninh province and local festivals. Don ca tai tu is often performed in southern Vietnam, often at weddings, birthday anniversaries and local festivals.)
3. Can you sing any of these?
(Do you know any kind of singing?)
=> Yes, I can
2. Task 2 Unit 5 Grade 8 Project
Plan your performance. (Plan a show.)
first. Work in groups. (Work in groups.)
2. Choose a song that is often performed in a festival. (Choose a song that is often performed at a festival.)
3. Search for information about the song. (Find information about the song.)
– What is the song? (What song?)
– Where and when is it often performed? (When and where was it performed?)
– What special instrument is needed for the performance? (What kind of special instrument is needed for the performance?)
– Is there anything special about the song? (Is there anything special about the song?)
4. Present the information to the whole class. (Present the information to the whole class.)
5. Perform the song. (Song performance)
6. Vote for the best performance. (Vote for best performance.)
At the end of the lesson, the children need to find information about songs that are often performed at festivals and present to the class what they have counted and performed.