Unit 11 grade 7: Traveling in The Future – Project
Our Own Future Transport (Our future means of transport)
1. Unit 11 class 7 Project
In groups, brainstorm ideas for your future means of transport. Think about the following:(In groups, brainstorm ideas for your future vehicle. Think of the following.)
1. Where does it travel? Does it fly, float, drive or something else? (Where does the vehicle go? Does it fly, float, steer, or do anything else?)
2. How does it travel? Do you pedal it? Or is it electric? Is it solar-powered or wind powered?
(How does the vehicle go? Do you pedal it? Or is it electric? Is it solar or wind powered?)
3. Who drives it? Is it driverless? (Who drives that vehicle? Does the vehicle have no driver?)
4. What does it look like. (What does that vehicle look like?)
5. What are its benefits? (What is the benefit of that medium?)
Guide to answer
1. High-speed train will go around the city. It is driverless train.
(The high-speed train will go around the city. This vehicle has no driver.)
2. It will drive around the city. It uses electricity and is solar-powered.
(High-speed trains will run around the city. This vehicle uses electricity and is made with solar power.)
3. It’s driverless. (High-speed trains do not have a driver.)
4. It’s like an airplane without wings.
(The bullet train looks like an airplane but has no wings.)
5. It helps people travel faster and safer.
(High-speed trains help people go faster and safer.)
Design a presentation about your future transport with your group. Design a talk about future vehicles with groups of friends.
Guide to answer
Today I am going to talk to you about my future transport. It is the high-speed train. The train will go around the city at speed 300 kph. It’s a driverless train. It will use solar energy so it will be enviromentally- friendly. It will look like an airplane without wings. Inside it is equipped with convenient furnitures. It will help people travel faster and safer.
Thanks for listening. Any questions?
Today I will tell everyone about my future vehicle. It’s a speedboat. The train will circumnavigate the city at a speed of 300 km/h. This vehicle is an unmanned ship. The ship will use solar energy. This ship looks like an airplane without wings. The inside of the ship is equipped with comfortable furniture. Trains will help people travel faster and safer.
Thanks for listening. Do you have any questions?
At the end of the lesson, students need to work in groups and think about future means of transport, then prepare a presentation and present to the class about the vehicle they have just thought up in a specific and attractive way. .