Unit 10 grade 7: Sources of Energy – Communication
1. Task 1 Unit 10 Grade 7 Communication
Answer the questions below with a number from 1 to 4. (Answer the questions below with a number from 1-4)
1 = always (always)
2 = often (frequently)
3 = sometimes (sometimes)
4 = never (never)
1. shower instead of bath
2. walk or cycle for a short distance
3. use public transport when traveling long distances
4. use hand fan to cool in summer
5. use low-energy bulbs tròn
6. Turn off the lights when leaving the room or when sleeping
7. only use as much water as needed
8. use less electricity at home
9. use gas to cook at home
10. go to school by bike
2. Task 2 Unit 10 Grade 7 Communication
Work in pairs. Add up each others and look up the score below. Then explain how well your partner saves energy. (Work in pairs. Sum each other’s answers, and check points. Then explain how your classmates save energy)
Score 10-20: Your footprint is small. You are really environmentally friendly.
Score 21-30: Your footprint is quite small. Remember to care and respect the world around you.
Score 31-40: Your footprint is quite large. You do few things to save energy, but there is always improvement.
3. Task 3 Unit 10 Grade 7 Communication
Talk about your partner’s carbon footprint to your group. Use the following prompts. (Talk about your friend’s carbon footprint to the group. Use the cues below.)
Guide to answer
My partner’s carbon footprint is small. He goes to school by bicycle. He travels long distances by bus. He only uses water and electricity when he really needs.
Your carbon footprint next to yourself is small. She goes to school by bicycle. She goes to faraway places by bus. She only uses electricity and water when absolutely necessary.
4. Practice Task 1
Find the words with different stress
Question 1: A. panel B. every C. convenience D. power
Question 2: A. biogas B. renewable C. abundant D. relative
Question 3: A. excellent B. amount C. alternative D. increase
Question 4: A. reduce B. hardship C. people D. money
Question 5: A. decorate B. delicious C. decide D. construction
5. Practice Task 2
Using the words in parentheses, complete the text below with simple future or future continuous tense.
Sandra: Where is Tim going to meet us?
Marcus: He (wait)____1___ for us when our train arrives. I am sure he (stand)___2___ on the platform when we pull into the station.
Sandra: And then what?
Marcus: We (pick)___3_______ Michele up at work.
At the end of the lesson, they need to discuss energy uses in pairs, from which to draw results about your carbaon footprint next to; At the same time memorize the words in the lesson:
- take shower: take a shower
- traveling short distance: travel short distances
- public transport: public transport
- hand fan: hand fan
- low energy: low energy
- turn off: turn off
- electricity (n): electricity
- environment friendly: environmentally friendly
- respect (v): respect
- improvement (n): improvement