Unit 5, grade 12: Cultural Identity – Project
1. Task 1 Unit 5 Grade 12 Project
Work in groups of four or five. Choose one ethnic group in Vietnam. Look for information about the features that define the group’s cultural identity. (Work in groups of four or five. Choose an ethnic group in Vietnam. Find information about the characteristics that define the group’s cultural identity.)
Suggested ethnic groups (Suggested by ethnic group):
– the Rhade (or Ede) in Central Highlands (Rhade (or Ede) in the Central Highlands)
– the Cham in central Vietnam and An Giang Province (Cham in Central Vietnam and An Giang province)
– the Tay in northern Vietnam (Tay in the North of Vietnam)
Guide to answer
The Tay in northern Vietnam
– Traditional Tay costumes are made from self-made cotton yarn, dyed indigo on men’s and women’s clothes, with almost no decorative pattern.
– The female has a high collar, Ao Nam Than, five buttons on the neck and the right side, trousers, belts, towels.
– Festival day, they are wearing a white blouse inside.
– Previously, many Tay women also wear skirts, recently moved to wear pants, long heels, wide feet,
– The Tay women also have short-sleeved tunics, which go beyond the knees. Jewelery with necklace, bracelet, anklet and silver bead.
Tay people in North Vietnam
– Traditional costumes of the Tay people are made from homemade cotton yarn, dyed indigo color on men’s and women’s clothes, with almost no decoration.
– Women with high collar, Five-body shirt, five buttons on the neck and right side, trousers, belt, scarf.
– On holidays, they wear white robes underneath.
– In the past, many Tay women wore skirts, recently switched to wearing pants, high heels, wide legs,
– Tay women also have short-sleeved tunics, which exceed the knee. Jewelry with necklace, bracelet, anklet and silver beads.
2. Task 2 Unit 5 Grade 12 Project
Design a poster to introduce the ethnic group. Add pictures to make it more attractive. Include the information about: (Design an ethnic group introduction poster. Add images to make it more attractive. Include information about 🙂
– Population (Population)
– Region(s) with significant population (Province with a substantial population)
– Language (Language)
– Religion and beliefs (Religion and creed)
– Clothing (Clothes)
– Traditional food and drink (traditional food and drink)
– Festivals and music (Festival and music)
3. Task 3 Unit 5 Grade 12 Project
Introduce your poster to the class and give a presentation on the cultural features of the ethnic group. (Introduce your poster to the class and give a presentation about the culture of the nation.)
Guide to answer
I’m Lan and I come from group 4. I’m glad to be here to talk about the Ede in Central Highlands. The group had a population of 331,194 people in 2009 and mainly lives in Dak Lak province. They speak Rhodes. Their traditional food and drink is forest bitter melon and wine rice. Their favorite music is musical instruments such as gongs, flutes and drums. Their traditional clothes for women are shirts and vests and loincloths for men. There are two main festivals held by the Ede, which are Elephant racing in March and the New Rice Festival or Hua Esei Mrao in October.
Thanks for listening!
I’m Lan and I’m from group 4. I’m happy to stand here talking about the Ede people in the Central Highlands. This ethnic group has a total population of 331,194 people in 2009 and mainly lives in Dak Lak province. They speak Ede language. Their traditional food and drinks are forest-picked bitter melon and rice wine. Their favorite music genres are instruments such as gongs, flutes and drums. Traditional clothing for women is a blouse and vest and for men is a loincloth. There are two main festivals held by the Ede people: the elephant racing festival in March and the New Rice Festival or Hua Esei Mrao in October.
Thanks for listening!
At the end of the new Unit 5, grade 12 lesson – Project, the students in the group need to learn about the cultural identities of different ethnic groups in our country; at the same time support each other to complete the content of this project and confidently present in front of the class.