Unit 8 grade 10: New Ways To Learn – Project
1. Task 1 Unit 8 class 10 Project
Your class is going to hold a discussion on the topic Personal electronic devices in class – to use or not to use. To prepare for your group’s presentation, discuss the following: (Your class will hold a discussion on a topic “Personal electronic devices in the classroom – use or not use.” Prepare your group’s presentation, discussing the following:)
1. Reasons for the use / ban of electronic devices in class; (Reason for using/banning electronic devices in class)
2. List of possible rules of limiting the use of the electronic devices (if your group selects using the devices). (List of regulations restricting the use of electronic devices. (If your group chooses to use devices).
Guide to answer
1. Reasons (reason)
* Reasons for using personal devices in class: (Reason to use electronic devices in class)
– download and store information or textbooks. (load and store information or textbooks.)
– look up new vocabulary (look up new words)
– search for more information in the Internet. (Find more information on the internet.)
– type and hand in assignments easily (typing and submitting assignments is easy)
– learn English through websites and apps (learn English through websites and apps)
* Reasons for not using personal devices in class: (Reason for not using personal devices in class)
– distract the study (neglect learning)
– play games a lot (play games a lot)
– use them to cheat in exam (use them to cheat on the test)
2. Rules (Regulation)
– Only use electronic devices with teachers’ permission (Only use electronic devices when the teacher allows)
– No texting in class (No texting during class time)
– Don’t play games in class (Do not play games in class)
– Don’t use electronic devices too much (Do not use electronic devices too much)
– Use electronic devices for good purposes (Use electronic devices with good intentions)
2. Task 2 Unit 8 grade 10 Project
Present your group’s ideas to the class. (Present your ideas in front of the class.)
Guide to answer
Hello everyone. I’m from group 4. I think that students should use electronic devices in class for some reasons.
First, students can download and store information or textbooks in the devices so they don’t have to bring a heavy backpack. Second, they can use them to do their homework and search for information. Finally, electronic devices are useful for learning English because students can easily look up new words or improve their English skills through apps and websites.
However, students shouldn’t use them too much, except for their teacher’s permission. They should not be allowed to use the devices to text or play games in class.
Thanks for your listening!
Hi everybody. I come from group 4. I think students should use electronic devices in class for several reasons.
First, students can load and store information or textbooks in these devices so they won’t have to carry heavy backpacks. Second, they can use them to do homework or find information. Finally, electronic devices are useful for learning English because students can easily look up new words or improve their skills. English skills through learning apps or websites.
However, students should not use them excessively, unless authorized by the teacher. They should also not be allowed to use these devices to text or play games in the classroom.
Thanks for listening!
At the end of the lesson, students should complete a search for the do’s and don’ts for students’ use of electronic devices at school as well as regulations to limit their use. Summarize the ideas of the whole group and present it to the class to share the results of the discussion.